Divorcing a narc

Jesus.

This has been one of the most painful years of my life and also the most complex.

I lost him but I found myself and somehow that was everything.

Like a true narc he has gone on a smear campaign to my friends, HIS psychiatrist he is supposed to be seeing for abusing me, and has also gone on a downwards spiral including but not limited to, being day drunk on his day with our son.

NOPE.

Even losing me, his family, everything we worked for- he has no appreciation or real remorse at his actions that have led us here.

It hurts.

All the work we put into staying together in spite of it all. Doesn't matter. Not when your spouse refuses to fight the narc within himself and, in time, grows more and more hard-hearted as they are.

The downfall of our relationship wasn't abuse. Although that IS my reason for walking. It was his refusal to change, take responsibility and truly be a better man.

It hurts that I wasn't enough. He would rather lose me and our family than risk being wrong.

After giving up my body to have his son, my health, my job my everything to make it work.

He has been less than respectable. He is not the same person I married.

They don't change, dear one.

They can't.

They don't think they're the problem.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TWENTY-ONE RULES OF NO CONTACT

How to deal with flying monkeys

Just say 'no'